It is often called the “plant of immortality” and is considered an elixir of longevity, although its name, which probably comes from the Arabic word alloeh, means “bitter and shiny substance”. It is one of the plants that has been used and is still used for healing purposes, not only by different cultures, but also at different times. Aloe may look quite like a cactus, but it belongs to the lily family and is related to onion, garlic and asparagus. It is very durable and consists of 96% water. Although there are more than 300 types of aloe, only two are used for therapeutic purposes with the most common being Aloe Vera.
A treasure trove of valuable properties
Aloe adores your skin and stands out for its regenerative, healing and moisturizing action. Among the nutrients of aloe are vitamins A, C and E. Vitamin A is known for its regenerative properties in cells and is widely used in cosmetology as an anti-wrinkle ingredient. Vitamin C helps to create the collagen of the skin and maintain its good health. Vitamin E with its antioxidant and regenerative properties protects the skin, preventing damage to the cell membrane. It is no coincidence that aloe is one of the main ingredients used in the cosmetics industry.
We have gathered 9 unique benefits of aloe vera for the skin only and we present them to you
- Soothes the skin making it softer
- Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties contained in aloe gel, it can heal wounds or scars
- Relieves insect bites or exposure to other allergens when they come in contact with the skin, reducing the damage to the skin.
- Slightly irritated by the sun as it stimulates cell regeneration, restoring proper moisture levels to the skin
- Fights stretch marks caused by pregnancy or after sudden weight loss. (Requires daily use for at least 2-3 months)
- Helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines, if used regularly, while improving skin elasticity and firmness
- Helps hydrate the skin, treating dry skin in all areas.
- “Brightens” the skin making it more radiant, reducing dark spots
- Strengthens the skin barrier as it is rich in vitamins C, E, zinc and antioxidant enzymes